Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Secret Mentor

John Mayer is a living legend. The singer-songwriter, guitarist and all-around perfect person has been making music for people of all ages to enjoy since 1998. He is a seven time Grammy award winner whose lyrics are undeniably some of the best writing the world of music has ever seen.

Just one of my many favorite lyrics by John Mayer comes from his song "Clarity", which was written for his album "Heavier Things" released in 2003. "By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone. But I will bend the light, pretend that it somehow lingered on."

Whenever I need some inspiration in my life, I turn to his songs. John Mayer writes music that is bound to live on for generations to come. I think that music that can be appreciated by people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds is music worth appreciating, and that is just the type of music that John Mayer has and continues to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment